Monday, November 18, 2002

Today was my start with the new employer. Same drill just a different name on the paycheck.



On Thursday of last week, my ATI Radeon 8500 128 video card died. The fan on it seized, and the core processor overheated. The result was some massive tearing on typical 2D desktop draws, and you could forget 3D.



This will be my first attempt at support with ATI so we will see what happens. It is in warranty, but they require a $250.00 (US) security deposit for the advance exchange. I received the typical automated replies, but have not received any further information. Attempting to track the item on the UPS website just displays that they have received the billing information. Typical.



I has a spare NVIDIA card around, so I needed to juggle video cards from the server to the workstation. That wasn’t fun, but I am up and running, and after 16 business hours (80 normal hours) ATI has not even shipped the replacement card yet. Damn good thing if I do say so myself. The card had best ship by tomorrow; else, I’ll be spending time listing to hold music courtesy of ATI.

No comments:

Post a Comment