Friday, November 15, 2002

Another week draws to a close, and about time too. It was a busy week. I’m in the middle of transitioning from one employer to another. Therefore, the levels of bureaucracy that I am currently exposed to are rather high. Typical delays on equipment, services, and access. Things should get better next week along that front.



I mentioned before that I had downloaded the Medal of Honor: Allied Assault: Spearhead Demo. I finally got around to installing it. That is an interesting game, but the execution of the demo release by EA has left a lot to be desired. If I had not already played the first version, I probably would be very reluctant to consider purchasing the expansion when it is released based on the performance of the demo.



Within 48 hours that had already released one patch, and many, many servers would lock-up and not allow play. Why? I don’t know, nor do I care to troubleshoot it. The simple fact is the product was not developed or tested to the level it should have been for release… Can we say holiday sales push?



The graphics were improved over the first one and the new features that have been introduced are interesting additions to the product. This could be a fun one once they have patched it up to the level it should be.



This weekend looks to be a somewhat relaxing one with another front of rain coming through, Perhaps I’ll be able to get my VPN rebuilt this week, and continue the clean up of the server and network infrastructure. That should be fun. I really need to finish laying the wiring for the rest of the house, but wireless access makes that so much less of a priority. Still it needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment