Monday, November 14, 2005

EFF: DeepLinks

EFF: DeepLinks

Need to know which CDs to avoid this holiday season? Wonder if you already have purchased a CD with a root kit? (You still buy CDs?)

The EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) has a listing of the known CD's which have the root kit on them. I would expect this listing to grow as there are rumors circulating that some other labels are using similar technology and the company that actually programmed the root kit is still selling the core technology to other companies, and it is doubtful they will stop anytime soon.

Now... This just makes you want to run out and buy some CDs doesn't it? I had a membership to BMG; which I just canceled and I had not purchased a CD in some time, I do have a Yahoo Music subscription but the music companies and collectively RIAA continue to be there own worst enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment